Prayer Walks

I feel very encouraged today. A couple of weeks ago me and my cousin Chelsea went on a prayer walk to pray for our families and our family as a whole. I feel that God has called us to come together and be in prayer for our family, and so we try and go on prayer walks often. God does crazy things within our family when we start our prayer walks. Last school year we went on prayer walks every Saturday morning, and each week we would walk for an hour or more and just lift up our family and other issues to God. He was majorly at work in our family and we saw His blessings being poured out. It was really amazing.

So anyways (I just had to explain a little before I could get to the story) we stopped doing or prayer walks for a long time because I went home for the summer, and this school year has just been so busy. But we were finally able to go a couple of weeks ago because there are some things going on in our family that definitely needed to be prayed about, and so me and Chelsea did that. Right away we saw the Lord begin to work. There is something so strong about family coming together to pray for family, it is like a double bond of strength. Every time me and Chelsea come together to pray we are dangerous!! So after we went on our first prayer walk we had been on in a while, we both began to feel very oppressed. We have both been feeling discouraged and negative and we don't have reasons to be. We realized that this started after we had gone on our prayer walk, because Satan knows that we are praying the Lord's will over our family and that is exactly what he doesn't want. So he has been on the attack! We both realized this as we were talking today and talking about experiencing the same things, so we decided it was necessary for a prayer walk. We prayed for our family and against Satan's attack and took the authority Christ gave us to stand up against Satan's schemes and be strong. When we use the authority that Christ gives us it is powerful!! Satan cannot stand against the Lord's power, and that power lives within us, so we need to use that power for the Lord's glory.

It was just a great and encouraging day and I feel free from oppression, but I am still protecting myself with the Armor of the Lord.

1 comment:

Liz McKeown said...

It is so encouraging know you and Chelsea are praying for our family. I love you!